OurVoice Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OurVoice Forum

HomeHome  OurVoice WebsiteOurVoice Website  Peraturan & AdminPeraturan & Admin  Formulir Data KekerasanFormulir Data Kekerasan  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
....Your sexuality is just one part of what makes you who you are....
..Exploring what and where you think your place is in this world can have massive effects on your self confidence..

Young, Gay, and a Mayor!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uki
Consultant
Uki

Jumlah posting : 449
Lokasi : Above the ground, below the sky. Nowhere around, it's all around.

Young, Gay, and a Mayor! Empty
PostSubject: Young, Gay, and a Mayor!   Young, Gay, and a Mayor! EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Berita baru dari Silicon Valley di California, A.S., seorang pemuda yang baru berusia 26 tahun baru saja terpilih menjadi seorang Walikota dari kota Campbell di California.

And yes, he's gay senyum

Young, Gay, and a Mayor! Ba-low11

The council promoted Evan Low, 26, from vice mayor to a one-year term as mayor of the 38,000-resident Silicon Valley city.

"He'll have his work cut out for him, but I think he'll find his way," said City Councilman Michael Kotowski, who twice served as Campbell's mayor. "He'll do a good job if he does the normal things, but he'll be an exceptional mayor if he gets out in the community and reaches out to people."

Low is working on his master's degree in public administration from San Jose State University, where he also earned an undergraduate degree in political science. He also attended an executive program at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.

A resident of Campbell for eight years, Low works full time as senior district representative to Assemblyman Paul Fong, D-Sunnyvale.

Despite his busy schedule, Low said he'll have time for the mayor's job, which will include guiding the council through budget uncertainties and a for-profit hospital controversy.

"I'm passionate and energetic about all things I do," he said. "This is not work for me. This is something I enjoy."

Low grew up in San Jose but eight years ago moved to Campbell, where his father, Dr. Arthur Low, is an optometrist and sits on the Chamber of Commerce. Low said he became interested in politics because he felt young people's interests, such as affordable housing and the future of Social Security, were not being addressed.

He first ran for City Council in 2004 and lost, but won when he tried again in 2006. His term ends in 2010.

Campbell seems to be an unlikely city for a young, gay, Asian American politician to gain a foothold in public service. The San Jose suburb is 70 percent white and 11 percent Asian, with a small, quiet gay community.

Low said he received hate mail when he announced his opposition to Proposition 8, the gay marriage ban, as well as threats of a recall.

But he never considered moving to San Francisco or San Jose, which have larger gay communities, he said.

"For me, it's about making a difference in the community I live in," he said. "Campbell is my home."

Low is a rising star among gay politicians, although sexual orientation is generally becoming less relevant, especially among younger voters, said Michael Mitchell, director of Stonewall Democrats, a Washington, D.C., nonprofit that promotes gay and lesbian political issues.

"It's significant that someone that bright and this young can be elected mayor in California," Mitchell said. "That he's LGBT makes me even happier."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/elfacosmosa
zoink
Hijau
zoink

Jumlah posting : 347
Lokasi : -=Hell+Pit=-

PostSubject: Re: Young, Gay, and a Mayor!   Young, Gay, and a Mayor! EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:04 pm

WAAHHH...!!! KEREN...!!!
Jadi inget kata sambutan di OV sebelum diganti yang sekarang: "Your sexuality is just one part that make you who you are!"
Orientasi seksual kita hanyalah sebagian kecil dari diri kita sepenuhnya dan TIDAK seharusnya orientasi seksual kita menghalangi kita dari melakukan hal-hal besar! horeee horeee horeee
(bahkan dalam berita ini, etnis juga tidak boleh jadi penghalang!)

Makasih buat beritanya Uki . . . . top dah
Aku kasih point yahh.... hehehe peace
Back to top Go down
gatotkaca
Jingga
gatotkaca

Jumlah posting : 80
Lokasi : Jakarta

PostSubject: Re: Young, Gay, and a Mayor!   Young, Gay, and a Mayor! EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:59 am

Woooooowww...keren.... buat orangnya....!!! My perfect Type..he..he...he..
Upps...! beritanya juga keren banget dah..
Thanks UKI....satu kebahgian buat gw hari ini....he..he..he
Ooops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Young, Gay, and a Mayor!   Young, Gay, and a Mayor! Empty

Back to top Go down

Young, Gay, and a Mayor!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
OurVoice Forum :: OurCommunity :: Berita dan Kabar Terkini-
Jump to: